“Walks of Charleston is a well-run organization. Our tour was wonderful and Daniel showed us the interplay of the documented history of Charleston with the “gray area” of the spirit world in the Holy City.”
“Had a wonderful time on the ghost tour! Our tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable, I was a little blown away by how many facts and stories he could recall. The tour was a wonderful way to see the city, learn some history, and get the chills through some scary ghost stories. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Charleston, it was a great break from the business trip I was on.”
“Larry Gerald is a passionate and enthusiastic storyteller! Although his knowledge and details of Charleston history is truly astonishing, it pales in comparison to his energy and excitement in sharing the stories! Kudos to Walks of Charleston! We personally chose the Ghost Tour and couldn’t be more impressed.”
Highlights and stops along the tour may include:
- The Historic City Market where you will hear about the Gullah belief in “boo hags”
- The Wagener Building where George Poirier committed suicide and is believed to still be haunting its hallways
- St Philip’s Church — discover why the graveyard is thought to be haunted by a woman who lost her child at birth
- Philadelphia Alley — hear the tragic story of the “Whistling Doctor”
- Unity Alley — hear the chilling story of our countries’ first serial killers, John & Lavinia Fisher
- Old Exchange Building — Charleston’s most haunted building
- Waterfront Park- hear about the “face in the flag” as you look out over the water to Fort Sumter.
This guided walking tour lasts approximately 90 minutes, beginning on the steps of the Confederate Museum at 188 Meeting Street and concluding at Waterfront Park. Tours cover approximately 5 blocks and are family friendly. Please note that the content of your tour may vary depending on the tour guide and time of day.
We have a maximum of 20 guests allowed per tour and for this reason tours can sell out, especially in the busier months. We strongly recommend making a reservation. Use our online booking feature to see live availability and to book now!